Monday 25 March 2013

GBM Week 8

... Also known as 'The Taffy Bin Rake'.

What happened, guys? Wales used to do so well. I can't help but feel that these contestants were perhaps not the programme makers first choices. So the numbers were made up with a child and a cat lady.

Richard was a returning contestant. Decent enough, but not mind-blowing. He won. His competition was Luke, fresh from performing in his secondary school's production of 'Grease', and Mary-Anne, who looked like my thumb when I've spent too long in the bath. I wanted to like Mary-Anne. I really did. I usually have a distinct fondness for mad old bats, and certainly I warmed to her in the final when she was very generous with Richard. But in the main she was just insufferable. One of those people who are happy to be brash to the point of offense, but blow up at the slightest hint of criticism. Luke was sweet, but he was 12. I'm sure he'll do very well in future, and to be a head chef at his age is amazing. I'd happily eat at his restaurant. But seriously. 12.


Highlights:

Biggest Prick of the Week - Mary-Anne

Least Prickish Prick of the Week - Luke. Bless.

Moment of the Week - When someone (Richard I think?) called one of Mary-Anne's dishes 'good simple cooking', and she reacted like he had slapped her in the face.

Bronwen's Favourite Dish - Richard's Chicken Salad starter with a fortune cookie in the egg.

Wild Card of the Week - Mary-Anne's upper lip. It droops into a point like the baby from 'Dinosaurs'.


Next week is the final and we can draw a line under this whole sorry episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment